Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings take place on Tuesdays at 4:15PM at 380-381T
The seminar is led by Professor Solomon Feferman
In the Fall Quarter, 2014-2015, we will be working through Axiomatic Theories of Truth by Volker Halbach (Cambridge U. Press, 2011) available electronically through SUL, and parts of the article "Axiomatizing truth; why and how", available at http://math.stanford.edu/~feferman/papers/AxTruthSchwiFest.pdf. Severl more books related to truth are on reserve at Tanner Library in Building 90.
The seminar will meet in Room 380-381T Tuesdays 4:15-5:30. On the second Tuesday of each month the room will be occupied by the Workshop on Philosophical Logic (Phil 392).
Further details may be found on the Courseworks listing.
- Sept 30: Organizational Meeting
- Oct 7: Secs 5.1-5.3, part of sec. 6
- Oct 14: Bye [PHIL 392 Workshop on Philosophical Logic]
- Oct 21: Ch. 7 and Ch. 8 up to p. 68
- Oct 28: Sec. 8.7 and Ch. 9 up to sec. 9.2
- Nov 4: Ch. 13 and Ch. 14 up to p. 162
- Nov 11: Bye [Workshop on Philosophical Logic]
- Nov 18: Ch. 15 up to sec. 15.2
- Nov 25: Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 2: Secs 15.2 and 15.3
In the Winter quarter, 2014-2015, we will be focusing on the formal semantics of natural language following the legacy of Richard Montague. The seminar will be co-run with Ivano Caponigro. Please visit this page for the schedule and readings.